The purpose of this policy and procedure is to outline Global Training Academy’s approach to ensuring students are provided with credit for units of competency and/or modules where they are evidence by:
- AQF certification documentation issued by another RTO of AQF authorised issuing organisation such as a university
- Authenticated VET transcripts issued by the Registrar.
This complies with Clause 3.5 of the Standards.
AQF means Australian Qualifications Framework which can be accessed at http://www.aqf.edu.au/
Certification document means a Testamur, Statement of Attainment or Record of Results
Credit means recognition of the previous studies a student has completed for the purpose of reducing the units or modules required to be completed in their currently enrolled program
Course means any nationally recognised qualification, unit of competency, skill set or short course in which a student is enrolled with the RTO
Record of Results is a record of all the units and modules completed and their results that lead to an AQF qualification or VET Accredited Course being issued and is issued alongside an AQF qualification or Statement of Attainment
Standards means the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 from the VET Quality Framework
Statement of Attainment confirms that one or more nationally recognised units or modules has been achieved by an individual but is only used where there has been partial completion of a qualification or VET accredited course
Testamur is an official certification document that confirms that an AQF qualification has been awarded to an individual. This may be called an ‘award’, ‘qualification’ ‘parchment’, or ‘certificate’
- Global Training Academy will not require any student to repeat any unit or module which they have already been assessed as Competent unless there is a license condition or regulatory requirement that requires this.
- All students will be offered the opportunity to apply for credit for previously completed studies during the enrolment process. Credit can be accessed by a student by completing the Credit Application Form and submitting relevant supporting documents.
- Where a student can provide certified copies of AQF certification documentation issued by another RTO or authorised issuing organisation, Global Training Academy will provide credit for that unit or module.
- Where evidence has been provided of previous study being completed at another RTO, university or other authorised issuing organisation, an analysis as to the equivalence of study completed with the relevant units in the student’s enrolment with Global Training Academy will be undertaken.
- All evidence provided as part of an application for Credit will be authenticated by contacting the organisation that issued relevant documents to confirm the content is valid.
- Credit will not be issued where there is a licensing or regulatory requirement that restricts the issuing of Credit.
- Students will be advised of the outcome of the Credit Application in writing. Where there is significant Credit granted, this may result in a reduction of the Course fees which will be advised at the same time.
|A. Applications for Credit
|B. Review Credit application
|C. Notify student of Credit outcome
|D. Keep records of Credits granted
|Document No. & Name:||SC12 Credit P&P|
|Quality Area:||SC Students & Clients|
|Approved By:||CEO, Global Training Academy|
|Review Date:||One year after approval|
|Standards:||Standard 3, Clause 3.5.|